I would like to wish you a warm welcome to Locks Heath Junior School web site – whether you are new or returning to the school site, interested in our school as a prospective place for your child(ren) to continue their education, looking at job opportunities or just browsing. Welcome.
The purpose of having a Governing Body and our aim is therefore to:
- help the school to set high standards by planning for the school's future and setting targets for school improvement;
- keep the pressure up on school improvement;
- be a critical friend to the school, offering support and advice;
- help the school respond to the needs of parents and the community;
- make the school accountable to the public for what it does;
- work with the school on planning, developing policies and keeping the school under review;
- exercise its responsibilities and powers in partnership with the Headteacher and staff but;
- not intervene in the day-to-day management of the school unless there are weaknesses in the school, when it then has a duty to take action.
We positively encourage communication between the Governing Body, the parents and community that we serve. Parents are welcome to contact a Governor directly and our contact details are held by the school office; additionally, Parent Governors are often to be found at the school at the start and end of the school day and are happy to be approached.
Should you wish to contact me or other members of the Governing Body please email us on: Governors@locksheath-jun.hants.sch.uk
All the Governors, like the staff and yourselves, are here for all the children and consider their learning to be at the heart of the school. We believe in achieving our vision to ensure each and every child fulfils their full potential.
Thank you for visiting our site.
Mr Gavin Sadler
Chair of Governors