Being a Locks Heath School Governor
The School Governors’ One-Stop Shop
- Parent Governors: selected by election and drawn from parents and carers of children at the school.
- Staff Governors: selected by election from teaching and support staff paid to work at the school.
- Community Governors: appointed by the Governing Body to represent community interests.
- Authority Governors: appointed by the Local Authority.
- Sponsor Governors: discretionary category appointed by the Governing Body from individuals who have made significant (financial contributions to the school.
- Associate Members (not Governors): appointed by the Governing Body to attend committee meetings and/or Full Governing Body meetings due to their particular skills or experience.
Roles of Governor – the Governing Body must appoint a Chair and Vice-Chair and may wish to make a number of other specific appointments to lead on certain aspects of the school. Committees of the Governing Body – the Governing Body can delegate certain of its responsibilities to Committees or individual Governor.